Radiologic Technologist - Contingent
Company: Saint Joseph Mercy Health System
Location: Ann Arbor
Posted on: August 6, 2022
Employment Type:Part timeShift:Rotating ShiftDescription:GENERAL
SUMMARY AND PURPOSE:The Radiology Technologist is responsible to
review the Physician Order and reason for exam, position, and image
of patients. The Radiology Technologist works closely with the
Radiology leadership and the Radiologist to produce the highest
quality diagnostic images possible in accordance with the
department protocols. Operates diagnostic imaging equipment to
obtain routine radiographs of designated body portions for
interpretation by physicians. Assists radiologist in the
administration of contrast media required in specific diagnostic
procedures. Performs a variety of technical procedures requiring
independent judgment, with integrity and initiative.ESSENTIAL
- Reviews requests for procedures, using reason(s) for the
procedures, department protocols, physician recommendations and
personal judgment to determine region(s) to be examined and
diagnostic images to be obtained.
- Prepares patients for diagnostic procedures by explaining the
procedure, transferring and positioning patients, attaching or
arranging immobilization and support devices, instructing and
reassuring patients, using care, courtesy and tact.
- Assists the Radiologist in performance of routine radiographs,
adjusts, manipulates and controls a variety of imaging equipment,
and accessories used in performing diagnostic procedures.
- Monitors patient's condition before and during performance of
diagnostic procedures, recognizing changes that may require
emergency actions and initiating appropriate responses.
- Documents procedure verification and procedural, using a
computerized system, and determines need for and performs necessary
- Collects all completed diagnostic PACS images and forwards to
appropriate location(s) for interpretation and results
- Practices sterile, isolation and aseptic techniques to prevent
contamination, and maintains documentation of infection control
procedures and activities.
- Monitors quality control on a daily basis; reports operational
and functional equipment problems to appropriate personnel.
- Maintains good rapport and cooperative relationships.
- Maintains the confidentiality of information acquired
pertaining to patient, physicians, employees, and visitors to St.
Joseph Mercy Health System.
- Provides quality patient care by considering the age specific,
developmental and cultural needs through competent clinical
- Additional duties as assigned by the hiring
manager/supervisor.SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Completion of an accredited Radiologic Technologist program and
registered as a Radiographer by the American Registry of Radiologic
- Maintain Continuing Education credits (24 CEU in two year
period) and other requirements to maintain ARRT certification.
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification
- One year as a Radiologic Technologist preferred
- Must have good working knowledge of anatomy and understanding
of the principles of physics, electricity, variations of anatomical
positions - supine, prone, etc.
- Must know methods of exposure to obtain clearly defined films
and to set up and operate equipment, with an emphasis on reduction
in patient radiation dose (ALARA - As Low As Reasonably
- Must be very conscientious and detail oriented person with
excellent communication skills and demonstrate excellent customer
service skills to deal effectively with patients, and various
levels of hospital personnel, outside customers, and community
groupsEmployees of St. Joseph Mercy Health System enjoy...
- Competitive compensation
- Full benefits package including Medical, Dental, Vision, PTO,
Life Insurance and Disability
- Retirement savings plan with employer contribution
- Opportunity for growth and advancement throughout SJMHS and
Trinity HealthVisitwww.stjoeshealth.org/careersto learn more about
the benefits, culture and career development opportunities
available to you at Saint Joseph Mercy Health System.Our Commitment
to Diversity and InclusionTrinity Health is a family of 115,000
colleagues and nearly 26,000 physicians and clinicians across 25
states. Because we serve diverse populations, our colleagues are
trained to recognize the cultural beliefs, values, traditions,
language preferences, and health practices of the communities that
we serve and to apply that knowledge to produce positive health
outcomes. We also recognize that each of us has a different way of
thinking and perceiving our world and that these differences often
lead to innovative solutions.Our dedication to diversity includes a
unified workforce (through training and education, recruitment,
retention, and development), commitment and accountability,
communication, community partnerships, and supplier diversity.
Keywords: Saint Joseph Mercy Health System, Ann Arbor , Radiologic Technologist - Contingent, Other , Ann Arbor, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!