Senior Investigator (Part-Time)
Location: Ann Arbor
Posted on: September 21, 2022
The Senior Investigator conducts criminal, civil, and
proprietary investigations, covert
surveillance, and background checks. The position will record all
findings, obtain written and/or
recorded evidence, prepare thorough investigative reports, and as
needed, testify at legal
proceeding and/or hearings. This position will have a remote work
schedule, but the candidate must
be located in Florida. Essential Functions:
- Represent Pinkerton's core values of integrity, vigilance and
- Independently develop and execute appropriate investigation
strategy for assigned
- Obtain and verify evidence by interviewing, conducting covert
surveillance, and/or through
the use of open-source and database information on suspects and
- Examine records/data, gather evidence, classify, and
differentiate investigative elements.
- Maintain proper evidence chain-of custody.
- Assist in identifying trends and recommend corrective action to
- Conduct security risk assessments, workplace violence
activities, and crisis interventions.
- Complete investigative reports in a thorough and professional
- Establish partnerships and collaborate with law enforcement
- Testify at hearings and legal proceedings, as needed.
- Serve as the liaison between the client and Pinkerton to ensure
all inquiries/concerns are
addressed in a confidential and appropriate manner.
- All other duties, as assigned.
Education, Experience, and Certifications: Bachelor's degree in
Criminal Justice or a security-related field and at least five
criminal, civil, and/or property investigations within the private
or public sector. State-specific
Guard card and PI license are required. Professional Certified
Investigator, preferred. Pinkerton
is an inclusive employer who seeks candidates with diverse
backgrounds, experiences, and
- Experience with complex criminal, civil, and/or proprietary
- Working knowledge of criminal law and criminal justice rules of
evidence, pertaining to
theft/fraud and misappropriation issues.
- Hands on knowledge of current federal/state laws governing
collection and handling, civil and criminal proceedings.
- Effective independent judgment/decision-making and problem
- Able to prepare accurate, clear and concise reports.
- Effective written, verbal, and presentation skills.
- Able to interact effectively at all levels, including
management and across diverse
- Able to prioritize and complete multiple assignments
simultaneously while preserving the
integrity of the investigation process.
- Serve as an effective team member.
- Computer skills; Microsoft Office.
Working Conditions: With or without reasonable accommodation,
requires the physical and mental capacity to effectively
perform all essential functions;
- Exposure to sensitive and confidential information.
- Regular computer usage.
- Occasional reaching and lifting of small objects and operating
- Ability to adjust focus between close and distance
- Work in environments and under conditions that require carrying
authorized weapons and
ammunition, the use of protective gear and devices, and/or
awareness of personal safety and
safety of others.
- Manual dexterity required for occasional reaching and lifting
of small objects and operating
- Frequent sitting, standing and/or walking, which may be
required for long periods of time,
and may involve climbing stairs and walking up inclines and on
- On occasion, may be required to perform stressful and physical
- Travel, as required.
Pinkerton is an equal opportunity employer and provides equal
opportunity to all applicants
for all positions without regard to race/ethnicity, color, national
origin, ancestry, sex/gender,
gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, marital/prenatal
status, pregnancy/childbirth or
related conditions, religion, creed, age, disability, genetic
information, veteran status or any
protected status by local, state, federal or country-specific law.
This employer is a corporate member of
myGwork - LGBTQ+ professionals, the business community for LGBTQ+
students, inclusive employers & anyone who believes in workplace
Keywords: myGwork, Ann Arbor , Senior Investigator (Part-Time), Other , Ann Arbor, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!