Quality Assurance Specialist
Company: SGS North America
Location: Grass Lake
Posted on: September 24, 2022
Company Description SGS is the global leader and innovator in
inspection, verification, testing and certification services.
Founded in 1878, SGS is recognized as the global benchmark in
quality and integrity. With over 97,000 employees in 130 countries
and operating a network of more than 2,400 offices and
laboratories, we provide services to almost every industry by
assuring quality and safety of products and services.Trusted all
over the world, SGS is a market leader because we put 100% passion,
pride and innovation into everything we do. We encourage new ideas.
We welcome people who challenge the way we do things. And we will
be 100% committed to helping you reach your full potential.Job
Description SummaryDevelops, promotes, maintains and improves the
local Quality, HSE, and OI Systems. Actively communicates the
elements and values of the Systems to clients as well as
employees.Job FunctionsReasonable accommodations may be made to
enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
- Writes, revises, and edits facility quality documents to make
them consistent and compliant with the SGS HSE, OI, and Quality
Systems, accreditation body/regulatory requirements, and
satisfactory for customers and auditors.
- Has responsibility and authority for assuring the SGS-IBR HSE,
OI, and Quality Systems are implemented, maintained and
continuously improved. Ensures the SGS-IBR Quality System meets
accreditation and certification requirements.
- Performs and oversees internal auditing; reports findings
during Management Review. Catalyzes, documents, and maintains the
Corrective Action systems.
- Serves as the principal contact with external auditors.
- Assures personnel are aware of the relevance and importance of
their work, and how it relates to SGS-IBR HSE, OI, and Quality
Objectives. Coordinates training of staff on SGS-IBR's quality
- Responsible for local facility's Approved Vendor List and
Document Control System. Provides guidance to the Document Control
Coordinator as needed.
- Responsible for maintaining a program and procedures for the
- Serves as an internal resource for requirements of the quality
system and 3rd party/regulatory compliance.
- Support local and corporate HSE, OI, QHSE responsibilities,
including involvement in risk assessment as required, ensuring that
HSE, OI, and QHSE requirements are followed where relevant.
- Other duties assigned as necessary in response to business
needs.Qualifications Education and ExperienceRequired:
- Minimum Bachelor's or Associates Degree, or equivalent
experience in a quality management role.
- A minimum of 2-4 years of experience in Quality Assurance and
EHS, auditing, or Quality Management System implementation, and/or
5 years technical experience in an ISO accredited laboratory work
- Attendance in an industry recognized ISO 17025 Lead Assessor
training program is required.Preferred:
- Certified Quality Auditor (CQA) or Certified Quality Manager
(CQM) certification (RAB or ASQ) is preferred. Knowledge / Skills /
- Excellent interpersonal, communication (written and verbal) and
organizational skills in combination with independent thought and
proven problem-solving abilities.
- Persuasive, diplomatic, but always to the point and a strong
ability to sell a concept.
- Hands-on, open-minded, proactive team player.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Highly motivated, dependable, and detail oriented.
- Capable of building trust, value, and communicate
- High integrity, excellent work ethic.
- Self-managed and responsible to project and time
- Computer literacy (creating, filing, saving/uploading,
searching, backup, etc.). Skilled in Microsoft suite (Word, Excel,
Power Point, and Outlook).
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability
required.Additional Information SGS is an Equal Opportunity
Employer, and as such we recruit, hire, train, and promote persons
in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion,
sex, national origin, disability, age, marital status, sexual
orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, status as a
protected veteran, or any other characteristics protected by law.To
perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily with or without
reasonable accommodations. The requirements listed above are
representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities
required.This job description should not be construed as an
exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements,
but a general description of the job. Nothing contained herein
restricts the company's rights to assign or reassign duties and
responsibilities to this job at any time.If you are applying for a
position within the United States and you have difficulty
completing the on-line employment application because of a
disability, please call for assistance and leave a message. You
will receive a call back. Please note, this phone number is not for
general employment information, but is only for individuals who are
experiencing difficulty applying for a position due to a
Keywords: SGS North America, Ann Arbor , Quality Assurance Specialist, Other , Grass Lake, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!