Company: Washtenaw County
Location: Ann Arbor
Posted on: November 22, 2022
Under the supervision of a higher classified employee, provides
secure custody of detention home residents.
Prevents unauthorized entrances to and exists from the facility,
using a system of electronic monitoring devices and visual
*EXAMPLES OF DUTIES*
*Essential Duties: *
- Compares and assures correctness of census count with prior
- Attends to scheduled room checks at thirty (30) minute
- Monitors rooms while wards are in their rooms.
- Maintains control station, taking incoming calls and logging
- Tends to personal needs of wards, letting them in and out of
their rooms, getting supplies, etc.
- Checks for contraband in rooms and detention area.
- Maintains and enforces detention rules and regulations.
- Communicates information concerning daily activity of youth to
- Processes admissions, arranges for placement, prepares rooms,
completes paperwork, searches and showers admissions, interacts
with law enforcement officials upon acceptance of ward during
shift, visually checks admissions to ascertain if there is a need
for medical attention.
- Participates in programs and scheduled recreational activities
with wards on shift prior to midnight.
- Tends to emergency medical situations notifying proper staff,
contacting ambulance, etc.
- Reports any mechanical malfunctions to maintenance staff.
- Physically restrains out of control youth.
- Provides secure transport of youth to appointments or court as
- Occasionally contacts staff to fill position because of absence
for oncoming shifts.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature
and level of work being performed by employees assigned this
classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list
of all job duties performed by personnel so classified.
*LICENSES AND QUALIFICATIONS*
- Possession of a valid Michigan Vehicle Operator's License is
- Possession of a high school diploma or its equivalent.
- Two (2) years of experience in working with delinquent children
in a youth-oriented setting.
The qualifications listed above are guidelines. Other combinations
of education and experience that could provide the necessary
knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the job should be
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $37,000.00 - $47,000.00 per year
* Dental insurance
* Employee assistance program
* Flexible spending account
* Health insurance
* Health savings account
* Life insurance
* Paid time off
* Retirement plan
* Tuition reimbursement
* Vision insurance
* 8 hour shift
* High school or equivalent (Required)
* working with delinquent children in a youth-oriented setting: 2
Work Location: One location%58047475%
Keywords: Washtenaw County, Ann Arbor , Youth Attendant, Other , Ann Arbor, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!