Mental Health Therapist - Family Preservation
Company: Highfields Inc
Posted on: November 23, 2022
Highfields, Inc. is seeking licensed mental health therapists
for our Home-Based program in Lenawee County working with clients
in the Family Preservation Program. Home-Based provides a unique
opportunity to work with kids and families directly in their homes
and communities, allowing us to maximize the positive impact of
therapy on the child and their environment.Highfields, Inc. is a
COA accredited non-profit that has been providing a range of
services to children and families since 1962. We are known for
offering a flexible, supportive environment to both our staff and
clients. We believe in the power of relationships to strengthen and
empower families to change their lives. **Incentive Bonus of $3,500
received after completion of first 90 days. You will also receive
an additional $500 upon working six months with Highfields.**
Minimum Qualifications - Education & Experience:
- A Master's degree in a behavioral science.
- State licensure commensurate with degree required. (you will be
considered if you are in the process of obtaining your limited
- A minimum of one year experience in providing counseling
services with children and families.
- Ability for flexibility in working non-traditional hours.
- An understanding, commitment and/or training in strength- based
solution-focused counseling models. Essential Functions:
- Engage with children, adults and families, assisting them to
improve their functioning.
- Assesses, provides a diagnosis, and devises practical
- Provide clinical interventions in settings including, but not
limited to, homes, community settings, or office.
- Provide services according to model expectation across multiple
- Effectively assess and diagnose children and families utilizing
standardized instruments and other protocols.
- Interact with clients in non-traditional settings and during
- Document services through the use of an Electronic Medical
Record and other formats.
- Represent clients served and Highfields through interacting
with referral sources. Knowledge or Experience: Must attend and
participate in specific training stipulated by contract and have
the ability to understand, practice and implement strength-based,
solution focused approaches to treatment.Travel Requirements
- Extensive travel to clients' homes is required.
- Must have reliable transportation.
- Must maintain adequate insurance coverage.
- Must have/maintain a valid driver's license with minimal
driving offensesDecision MakingA high level of decision making is
required in this position. 9 on a 10 points scale.Benefits
- Hiring and Retention Bonuses
- Flexible Schedule
- Ability to Work from Home (Hybrid)
- Free Licensure Supervision
- Paid Licensing Practice Exam Seminar and Exam
- Paid Training Opportunities
- Student Loan Forgiveness through Work Eligibility
- Paid Mileage
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- 401k with match
- 4 Weeks Paid Time Off
- 12 Paid Holidays
- Mental Health Resources
- Inclusive Culture and Support for Wellness
- Short-Term Disability
- In-House Trainings
- A Family Work Environment***Employee Testimonials & Physical
Keywords: Highfields Inc, Ann Arbor , Mental Health Therapist - Family Preservation, Other , Jackson, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!