Surgical technologist - 7a-3:30p - 40 hrs/wk $4k Sign on bonus
Company: Saint Joseph Mercy Health System
Location: Ann Arbor
Posted on: November 25, 2022
Employment Type:Full timeShift:Description:GENERAL
SUMMARYSurgical Technologists are responsible for providing direct
and indirect patient care in the field of Operating Room technology
to Neonates, Child and Adolescents and Adults and
Geriatrics.Eligible up to $4,000 sign on bonusESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Supports the philosophy, policies, and procedures of the
division of nursing and Department of Surgical Services.
- Scrubs for surgical cases according to established sterile
procedures and changes into operative clothing, dons sterile gowns
and gloves, and assists the surgical team with the same.
- Prepares for scheduled operative procedure by arranging sterile
set up of instrument table with drapes, instruments and sutures
required for procedure according to surgeon preference, and
maintains sterile field throughout the case.
- Passes instruments, sponges, sutures, and other sterile
supplies and equipment to surgeons and assists during procedures,
holds retraction devices, anticipates and responds to surgeon needs
during course of surgery.
- Assists RN with circulating duties such as opening supplies,
assisting with positioning, obtaining equipment and supplies,
bagging sponges, and preparing the operative site.
- Passes surgical specimens to the circulating nurse with proper
verbal identification of source of specimen, as verified by the
- Counts sponges, needles, and instruments used during surgery;
at the beginning of the case, before closing, final counts and when
relieved at the end of the shift prior to end of case. Assists with
dressing of operative site following closing.
- Operates and cares for surgical equipment, instruments and
supplies per department policy and or manufacturer
- Demonstrates current knowledge regarding development in
surgical equipment and trends and techniques through appropriate
in-service programs.REQUIRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND
- Required Education: Graduate of an Associate Degree Program for
Surgical Technology or Certification Program for Surgical
- Previous job training for surgical tech position will be
acceptable with a Certification of Surgical Technology. The
certification must have been maintained since receiving it.
- Preferred Certification: Surgical Technology
certificationshould be completed within 12 months of hire.Our
Commitment to Diversity and InclusionTrinity Health is a family of
115,000 colleagues and nearly 26,000 physicians and clinicians
across 25 states. Because we serve diverse populations, our
colleagues are trained to recognize the cultural beliefs, values,
traditions, language preferences, and health practices of the
communities that we serve and to apply that knowledge to produce
positive health outcomes. We also recognize that each of us has a
different way of thinking and perceiving our world and that these
differences often lead to innovative solutions.Our dedication to
diversity includes a unified workforce (through training and
education, recruitment, retention, and development), commitment and
accountability, communication, community partnerships, and supplier
Keywords: Saint Joseph Mercy Health System, Ann Arbor , Surgical technologist - 7a-3:30p - 40 hrs/wk $4k Sign on bonus, Other , Ann Arbor, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!