Inventory Control Supervisor
Company: Michigan Medicine
Location: Ann Arbor
Posted on: November 26, 2022
Michigan Medicine improves the health of patients, populations and
communities through excellence in education, patient care,
community service, research and technology development, and through
leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally.
Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three
critical components; patient care, education and research that
together enhance our contribution to society.
*WHO WE ARE*
The aim of Michigan Medicine is to advance health to serve Michigan
and the world. With annual revenues of approximately $5.0 billion,
Michigan Medicine ranks as one of the top academic health centers
in the country, and is committed to providing exceptional patient
care, facilitating groundbreaking research, and developing the next
generation of physicians and scientists. Michigan Medicine consists
of the University of Michigan Hospitals, the University of Michigan
Medical School and its Medical Group, Michigan Health Corporation,
and affiliated health systems.
*WHAT BENEFITS CAN YOU LOOK FORWARD TO?*
* Excellent medical, dental and vision coverage effective on your
very first day
* Flexible spending accounts
* Prescription Drug Plan
* Mental and emotional health programs
* Child Care Resources
* Life Insurance
* Legal Services Plan
* 2:1 Match on 401K
*ANOTHER REASON TO GO BLUE!*
* Nationally Recognized for work/life effectiveness by
* Top 5 employer in Michigan by Crain's Detroit Business
* Forbes #1 Best Employer in Michigan
* Ranked #11 in the US and best in Michigan "Best Hospitals"
rankings for 2020-21
* Five medical specialties ranked in the nation's top 10 and was
ranked No. 1 in the state of Michigan.
* Michigan Medicine ranked #15 in Newsweek's "World's Best
Provides oversight and maintenance of the operational and personnel
activities in the Michigan Medicine Materiel Services Warehouse to
ensure consistent, efficient and cost contained services are
provided to all internal and external customers.
*WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING*
* Supervise supply chain logistics including inventory control,
receiving, put-away, PAR replenishment, and product staging
* Maintain and develop plans to ensure unit supply needs are being
met as their needs are constantly changing. Meet routinely with
customers to ensure satisfaction and compliance
* Hire and evaluate/ critique the performance and proficiencies of
staff. Interview, train, coach, and terminate employees. Handle and
initiate all personnel forms related to payroll, appointment
changes, and leaves of absences
* Handle and problem solve all complaints from customers and
grievances including progressive discipline
* Use root cause analysis to problem solve and recommend changes to
processes and complete training to prevent re-occurrences.
* Review/records/approves payroll time for employees, directly on
* Monitors compliance with/on current department and institutional
policies and procedures and all government and regulatory agency
codes and regulations
* Monitors compliance and trains team members with/on current
department and institutional policies and procedures and all
government and regulatory agency codes and regulations
* Monitors productivity standards/control systems for responsible
processes, interprets this information and exercises action as
appropriate to ensure maximum work efficiency; communicates
findings, and suggested improvement/resolutions, to manager.
* Assist manager with new work area policies and procedures,
develops training materiel and then ensures training is completed,
incorporating P.D.C.A. quality improvement method and LEAN
principles, along with safety compliance.
* Evaluates proficiency and performance of staff and initiates
corrective or disciplinary action as necessary.
* Maintains appropriate supplies and tools necessary for process
team members to provide services.
* Collaborates interdepartmentally with customers and suppliers, to
resolve service problems.
* Maintains a professional customer sensitive rapport with hospital
personnel, along with patients and visitors.
* Handles employees' complaints and grievances
* Interview and hire new employees and ensure training and
performance measures are met; provide manager with information when
* Conduct progressive corrective action promptly, up to and
including termination, when necessary.
*Related Duties and Responsibilities*:
* Participates in the development and preparation of new and
existing program proposals, and various reports
* Assists Manager in development, implementation, and communication
* Provides technical assistance and/ or training in specific area
of expertise both within and outside the Michigan Medicine
* Participates, leads and facilitates committees/teams
* Participates in product evaluations of medical equipment and
supplies and provides advice and opinions relative to their
* Provide customer survey data to manager
* Assist manager to remain within operating budget.
* Performs other related duties as specified and assigned
Supervision is received from the Materiel Services Inventory
*Administrative Supervision*: Has the authority to hire, transfer,
suspend, promote, discharge, reward, or recommend such action.
*Functional Supervision*: Has the authority to work as group
leader, assist in the training of new staff members, communicate
instructions, maintain employee records, and assign work to
*WHAT IS REQUIRED*
* 1-3 or more years' experience leading /supervising with a proven
record of progressively increased responsibility, solving more
routine problems, leading shift or areas specific teams, and
working on simple projects OR 7 or more years working in a
* Experience with hiring training, disciplining, and terminating
subordinate team members and able to learn how to successfully
approve payroll for over 2 subordinate team members.
* Proficient computer (type 30+ words a minute) able to communicate
clearly and professionally in person, on the phone, and in
* 1-3 years' experience supervising/leading in 1 or 2 functional
work areas within a Material Warehouse / Inventory Management
Department- such as Shipping and Receiving, Day Shift Warehouse
operations and PAR stocking, PAR Maintenance, Specialty Cart
Stocking, Customer Service, Midnight Receiving, Off Shift Warehouse
operations and PAR stocking - OR similar areas in another warehouse
or inventory management setting OR 7 or more years working in an
inventory management setting.
*WHAT WILL MAKE YOU STAND OUT*
* Experience is preferred in the Health Care Inventory
* Experience working in a union environment.
Standard hours: Fri-Mon
Work days: 32
Shift start/end times: 2:30pm-11:00pm
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment
drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job
offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background
screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with
the Fair Credit Report Act. Pre-employment drug testing applies to
all selected candidates, including new or additional faculty and
staff appointments, as well as transfers from other U-M
*U-M EEO/AA STATEMENT*
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative
*U-M COVID-19 Vaccination Policy*
COVID-19 vaccinations are now required for all University of
Michigan students, faculty and staff across all three campuses,
including Michigan Medicine. More information on this policy is
available on the Campus Blueprint website or the U-M Dearborn and
U-M Flint websites.
Job Type: Full-time
* 401(k) matching
* Dental insurance
* Employee assistance program
* Health insurance
* Health savings account
* Life insurance
* Paid time off
* Parental leave
* Referral program
* Retirement plan
* Vision insurance
* 8 hour shift
* Monday to Friday
* Night shift
* On call
* Weekend availability
Ability to commute/relocate:
* Ann Arbor, MI 48109: Reliably commute or planning to relocate
before starting work (Required)
Work Location: One location%58047475%
Keywords: Michigan Medicine, Ann Arbor , Inventory Control Supervisor, Other , Ann Arbor, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!