Radiology Technologist Part Time Day Shift
Company: Saint Joseph Mercy Health System
Location: Ann Arbor
Posted on: November 26, 2022
*Employment Type:* Part time *Shift:* Day Shift *Description:*
*GENERAL SUMMARY AND PURPOSE*:
The Radiology Technologist is responsible to review the Physician
Order and reason for exam, position, and image of patients. The
Radiology Technologist works closely with the Radiology leadership
and the Radiologist to produce the highest quality diagnostic
images possible in accordance with the department protocols.
Operates diagnostic imaging equipment to obtain routine radiographs
of designated body portions for interpretation by physicians.
Assists radiologist in the administration of contrast media
required in specific diagnostic procedures. Performs a variety of
technical procedures requiring independent judgment, with integrity
* Reviews requests for procedures, using reason(s) for the
procedures, department protocols, physician recommendations and
personal judgment to determine region(s) to be examined and
diagnostic images to be obtained.
* Prepares patients for diagnostic procedures by explaining the
procedure, transferring and positioning patients, attaching or
arranging immobilization and support devices, instructing and
reassuring patients, using care, courtesy and tact.
* Assists the Radiologist in performance of routine radiographs,
adjusts, manipulates and controls a variety of imaging equipment,
and accessories used in performing diagnostic procedures.
* Monitors patient's condition before and during performance of
diagnostic procedures, recognizing changes that may require
emergency actions and initiating appropriate responses.
* Documents procedure verification and procedural, using a
computerized system, and determines need for and performs necessary
* Collects all completed diagnostic PACS images and forwards to
appropriate location(s) for interpretation and results
* Practices sterile, isolation and aseptic techniques to prevent
contamination, and maintains documentation of infection control
procedures and activities.
* Monitors quality control on a daily basis; reports operational
and functional equipment problems to appropriate personnel.
* Maintains good rapport and cooperative relationships.
* Maintains the confidentiality of information acquired pertaining
to patient, physicians, employees, and visitors to St. Joseph Mercy
* Provides quality patient care by considering the age specific,
developmental and cultural needs through competent clinical
* Additional duties as assigned by the hiring
*SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:*
* Completion of an accredited Radiologic Technologist program and
registered as a Radiographer by the American Registry of Radiologic
* Maintain Continuing Education credits (24 CEU in two year period)
and other requirements to maintain ARRT certification.
* Current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification
* One year as a Radiologic Technologist preferred
* Must have good working knowledge of anatomy and understanding of
the principles of physics, electricity, variations of anatomical
positions - supine, prone, etc.
* Must know methods of exposure to obtain clearly defined films and
to set up and operate equipment, with an emphasis on reduction in
patient radiation dose (ALARA - As Low As Reasonably
* Must be very conscientious and detail oriented person with
excellent communication skills and demonstrate excellent customer
service skills to deal effectively with patients, and various
levels of hospital personnel, outside customers, and community
*Employees of St. Joseph Mercy Health System enjoy---*
* Competitive compensation
* Full benefits package including Medical, Dental, Vision, PTO,
Life Insurance and Disability
* Retirement savings plan with employer contribution
* Opportunity for growth and advancement throughout SJMHS and
to learn more about the benefits, culture and career development
opportunities available to you at Saint Joseph Mercy Health
*Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion*
Trinity Health is a family of 115,000 colleagues and nearly 26,000
physicians and clinicians across 25 states. Because we serve
diverse populations, our colleagues are trained to recognize the
cultural beliefs, values, traditions, language preferences, and
health practices of the communities that we serve and to apply that
knowledge to produce positive health outcomes. We also recognize
that each of us has a different way of thinking and perceiving our
world and that these differences often lead to innovative
Our dedication to diversity includes a unified workforce (through
training and education, recruitment, retention, and development),
commitment and accountability, communication, community
partnerships, and supplier diversity.
Keywords: Saint Joseph Mercy Health System, Ann Arbor , Radiology Technologist Part Time Day Shift, Other , Ann Arbor, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!