Power Electronics Systems Researcher PhD Degree
Company: AVA Consulting
Location: Ann Arbor
Posted on: March 20, 2023
JOB ID: TYARD1185109
Job Title: Power Electronics Systems Researcher PhD Degree
Duration: 12 Month+
Location: Ann Arbor, MI
Our client, a major employer in the area, is looking for a Power
Electronics Systems Researcher PhD Degree to be part of its team in
its North American operations.
Job description (Duty & Responsibility):
- Plans and executes research activities in power electronics
design and tool development including coordination of the
activities of internal and external research partners.
- Be knowledgeable in the fundamental concepts and principles of
power electronics including power electronics design, module
packaging, thermal management, and validation testing.
- Be familiar with the state of the art in power electronics
technology, packaging of wide bandgap devices, and high frequency
- Apply sound experimental protocols to test and evaluate
performance of power electronics components
- Effectively communicate results by writing technical reports,
invention disclosures and technical papers and making
- Excellent teamwork along with written and verbal communication
skills. Frequently communicate with a diverse group of scientists
and management team.
- Assist in performing inverter tests using Hardware-in-Loop
(HIL) platform to develop dataset for device prognostics. Some
familiarity in machine learning algorithms is desirable.
- Assist in researching power converter for
- This position will be working a Hybrid schedule with some days
working in the onsite in the office therefore the candidate must
reside within 100 Miles of the Ann Arbor Site
Required minimum education and experience:
- Ph.D in Electrical Engineering with focus on power electronics
circuit design and control
- Previous industrial experience via co-op/internship
- Demonstrated ability to publish in journals and present in
- Proficiency in circuit and multi-physics FEA simulation
software (Matlab/Simulink, Saber, Spice, Altium, Q3D, ANSYS) to
assist the design of power electronics components
- Proficiency in testing equipment (oscilloscope, curve tracer,
impedance analyzer, network analyzer, spectrum analyzer)-
- Hardware design and system integration experience with
controllers, power electronics, motors, and control
Keywords: AVA Consulting, Ann Arbor , Power Electronics Systems Researcher PhD Degree, Other , Ann Arbor, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...