Organ Utilization Liaison
Company: Gift of Life Michigan
Location: Ann Arbor
Posted on: September 20, 2023
Job DetailsJob Location Ann Arbor, MI - Ann Arbor, MIRemote Type
HybridPosition Type Full TimeEducation Level 4 Year Degree -Salary
Range $81,020.00 - $101,275.00 SalaryJob Shift DayJob Category
Health Care Description Summary
In alignment with Gift of Life Michigan's core purpose and core
values, the Organ Utilization Liaison champions organ placement by
serving as the primary point of contact for our transplant center
partners, providing necessary resources and information, and
assisting in the development of strategies, policies, and
procedures aimed to maximize organ utilization.
Duties & Responsibilities
The following job duties and responsibilities are stated in broad
terms and not intended to be inclusive. Those in bold are essential
duties of the position:
- Serve as champion for organ placement through engagement with
and monitoring of assigned transplant centers.
- Serve as the first point of contact for all transplant center
communications, complaints and inquires related to the transplant
and allocation program.
- Provide ongoing support, consultation, donor follow-up, and
- Perform quantitative and qualitative analysis of assigned and
affected centers and present data (e.g., organ offers, acceptances,
declines, overall utilization, etc.) to key stakeholders to
facilitate dialogue around center behavior and possible
opportunities to improve organ placement and utilization.
- Seek and implement quality improvement opportunities in
collaboration with transplant centers, assisting in development of
policies and procedures regarding donation.
- Work with transplant centers to create a strategy for
- Facilitate organ turn-down meetings to help them explore and
understand the center's acceptance behaviors.
- Represent Gift of Life at transplant center meetings as
- Provide ongoing communication of any/all transplant center
updates and relevant statistics to Gift of Life's leadership team
and departments across the organization, as appropriate.
- Develop and maintain client profiles for transplant centers in
the electronic medical record.
- Stays current and involved in national and regional
collaborative opportunities for the OPO community.
- Works to improve relationships and communication between
relevant transplant centers.
- Create and implement strategies to focus time on the
organization's goals to maximize organ utilization in key
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Qualifications Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor's degree in related field plus five years of organ
procurement or transplant experience, or an equivalent combination
of education and experience.
- Master's degree in related field.
- Current American Board of Transplant Certified as a Certified
Transplant Procurement Coordinator.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSA)
- Written and verbal fluency in English.
- Ability to exercise initiative, critical thinking, and
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office programs, including Outlook
and Teams and other technology systems used in business
- Proficiency in UNET and iTransplant.
- Ability to analyze and interpret data.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to manage multiple and
- Demonstrate attention to detail.
- Knowledge of Organ Procurement and Transplantation Network
(OPTN) policies related to organ allocation.
- Understanding and awareness of current transplant literature
concerning procurement and transplant outcomes.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and
- Excellent interpersonal skills, specifically in challenging
situations to all levels of the organization.
- Excellent presentation skills to audiences of varying
backgrounds and sizes.
Organizational Culture Expectations
- Demonstrate the competencies of Professional, Determined and
- Maintain a motivated and positive attitude.
- Support an inclusive work environment.
- Ability to successfully collaborate and work as a member of an
- Actively seek improvements.
- Always maintain a safe working environment and use of Universal
- Maintain appropriate level of confidentiality in all areas
dealing with sensitive, protected, and confidential
Keywords: Gift of Life Michigan, Ann Arbor , Organ Utilization Liaison, Other , Ann Arbor, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!