Solution Consultant, Life Sciences Patent Products & Services (Virtual position)
Company: Clarivate Analytics US LLC
Location: Ann Arbor
Posted on: January 17, 2020
The Solution Consultants are an integral part Clarivate s patent
business, Derwent. The Solution Consultants plays an important role
in the go to market process by supporting customer acquisition and
retention efforts and acting as a voice of customer to product
management, marketing and commercial strategy. Solution Consultants
partner with Sales Consultants and Account Managers to meet new
sales and retention goals through the delivery of product demos,
trial training, and on-site and virtual customer training. The
Solution Consultants also support the go to market processes by
providing customer feedback, and product expertise to support
product management and marketing of Derwent solutions. This
includes but is not limited to:
* Understanding customer patent-related business needs and then
developing and delivering presentations which best highlight
* Assisting pre and post sales efforts in defining product
solutions and developing and executing training plans.
* Supporting a blended learning model by creating recorded sessions
and delivering WebEx and on-site training.
* Ensure customer satisfaction and serve as the liaison for our
customers and business partners.
* Partner with the sales team by acting as the product expert to
support all efforts to grow and retain the business.
* Articulate the benefits of patent products, particularly Derwent
Innovation, Derwent SequenceBase, Derwent Data Analyzer and Derwent
content such as Derwent World Patents Index and GENESEQ to
customers in collaboration with the sales team
* Participate in presale activities including: gathering and
responding to technical questions, product presentations and
sharing of best practices.
* Probe for up sell opportunities and leads in conjunction with
Sales Consultants and Account Managers.
* Create tailored presentations to support sales and marketing
efforts of Derwent products and services
* Proactively initiate, design and deliver workshops and events for
customers and prospects.
* Provide on-site and web-based demonstrations, training and
workshops in support of sales activities to customers.
* Provide feedback to product management and sales on customers'
use of products, additional service needs and competitive
* Contribute to go to market activities including product release
readiness for internal and external stakeholders including
assisting in positioning of new product capabilities and
development of training material for sales and customers
* Identify cross-sell and up sell opportunities and enter them into
* Contribute to the development and enhancement of ongoing training
and sales support materials and strategies.
* Participate in industry events such as technical conferences and
* Deliver and organize workflow-based training sessions for
* Provide escalation support for customer services and other
colleagues on product related issues.
* Use Salesforce.com as an activity planning tool, and to capture
all customer-related activity.
* Offer strong customer service skills as demonstrated by ability
to anticipate and meet customer needs and build relationships.
* Identify customer risk and opportunities and work closely with
the account team to maintain and further develop customer
satisfaction and retention.
* Undergraduate degree from an accredited college or university
required, science degree strongly preferred
* Graduate-level degree strongly preferred
* IP market experience with Derwent World Patents Index, Derwent
Patents Citation Index, Derwent Innovation and Derwent Data
Analyzer and/or other industry-related products and services highly
* Experience in biotech, pharmaceutical, or biosimilar technology
fields with a background in bioinformatics or sequence search
* Sales acumen and passion for teaching
* Excellent knowledge of patent workflows and IP-oriented customer
* Must be able to work both independently and as part of a team
* Ability to communicate effectively at all levels and in all forms
with customers, sales partners, product management, marketing and
commercial strategy stakeholders
* Ability to gain and retain customer confidence and respect.
* Solid interpersonal and problem-solving skills.
* Good time management skills to plan and prioritize workload and
* Self-starter and proven team player.
* Builds strong relationships internally and externally with core
* Remote location with ability to travel 35-40%
Derwent offers database products and services used for searching
and analyzing patents, as well as IP administration and prosecution
support services. Our world-leading IP intelligence powers the
innovation life-cycle. Derwent is a Clarivate Analytics company. At
Clarivate, we believe human ingenuity can transform the world and
improve our future. That s why we harness our global reach, curate
our content, and invest in best-in-class technology and people.
Join the team that is improving the way the world creates,
protects, and advances innovation.
It is the policy of Clarivate to provide equal employment
opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national
origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race,
religion, creed, gender, pregnancy, sex, sexual orientation, gender
identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status,
status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any
other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In
addition, Clarivate will provide reasonable accommodations for
qualified individuals with disabilities.
Keywords: Clarivate Analytics US LLC, Ann Arbor , Solution Consultant, Life Sciences Patent Products & Services (Virtual position), Professions , Ann Arbor, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!