Posted on: February 24, 2021
- Responsible for applications systems analysis and programming
activities related to public utilities industry (Gas).
- May be responsible for feasibility studies, time and cost
estimates and establishment and implementation of new or revised
applications systems and programs.
- May be responsible for overall direction of the organization's
design, maintenance and application activities to meet specific
business needs of user areas
- Development of functional specifications to support new build /
defect resolution activities.
- Participation in design, data mapping, data modeling, and
program specification walkthroughs
- Develop detailed analysis, design, and technical specifications
ensuring technical compatibility and integration
- Identify technology options and define the detailed
specifications of technology solutions
- Lead systems design, determine appropriate technical
development and database architecture for project teams
- Support testing for defect resolution including development of
test scenarios and scripts, execution and reporting of results
using appropriate testing tools.
- Support QA Analysts in requirement interpretation, test case
development, and data mining
- Development and maintenance of business process procedures,
process documentation and functional specifications for specific
assigned business processes.
- Acting as a liaison with business users for defect management
- Acting as a change advocate, providing information and support
to business users on best practice use of application technology
- Ensure technical solutions pass architecture and technical
- Provide systems expertise to system users, business partners,
and other internal/external customers including trouble shooting
issues, as well as, identifying and correcting inefficiencies
- Assists with and begins to perform minor configuration
activities within the application technologies. Skills:
- Good communication skills (oral and written)
- In-depth knowledge of PC usage and related software
- In-depth knowledge of one or more programming languages
- In-depth knowledge of the specific application(s) and
technologies supporting the public utilities specifically Gas
contruction and maintenance functions.
- Install, configure, test and implement software applications,
releases, patches and fixes.
- Maintain application configuration parameters and system
- Perform, enhance and tune SQL queries, if applicable, and
system related documentation.
- Build, maintain and configure virtual server(s).
- Support Risk, Issue, Change request and Defect tracking
- Analyze and create security requirements for application,
report, web and database servers and integrations and interface
with other tools.
- Analyze and create application backup/recovery tools,
procedures and documentation.
- Test, implement and track custom developed enhancements,
interfaces, portals, functions, queries and stored procedures.
- Analyze and create application fail over and system
availability procedures, best practices and documentation.
- Test and document server, database and PC operating system
security patch testing.
- Knowledge of Clarity and Open Workbench, SharePoint Technical
Knowledge and Experience
- Experience with Detailed knowledge of IT principles, methods,
and practices in the assigned in the public gas Utility area -
prior experience with ABB Service Suite implementations is highly
- Experience in IT systems development process and
- Experience with interpretation of business/functional
requirements and the development of technical specifications
- Familiarity with Agile and all phases of the Software
Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
- Hands on experience in the implementation of performance
monitoring principles and methods
- Experience delivering technical documentation and
- Experience designing systems security methods and
- Performed analysis using a variety of analytical methods
- Proficiency in information and data management
- Extensive experience in system design and application
- Knowledge of quality assurance principles, processes and
- Mobile Work Management solutions experience, Mobile solutions
on Windows 7 devices.
- Experience with the following is a plus: ABB Service Suite 9.7,
GPS, Mobile GIS, SCCM, ALM, VB.Net, and Mobile Devices.
Keywords: Energy, Ann Arbor , System Analyst, Professions , Jackson, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!