Maintenance Technician I
Posted on: April 8, 2021
Eaton's Hydraulic division is currently seeking a Maintenance
Technician 1 to join our team. This position is based at our
Jackson, Michigan facility and is located on 1st shift.
The Maintenance Technician 1 will work as a team with the primary
purpose of maintaining equipment to assure a continuous flow of
material through a manufacturing cell or work area, as required to
meet production requirements. He or she will promote continuous
improvement to eliminate defects, improve the manufacturing process
as well as completing safety and preventative maintenance work
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every
employee around the world. We create an environment where
creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every
day. It's where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your
full potential-and where you can help us reach ours.
In This Function You Will
- Maintain the machinery including electrical, electronic, and
- Maintain the structure of the building and equipment.
- Utilize the tools and equipment of several trades.
- Plan and lay out work relating to repair of mechanical,
electrical, and electronic equipment and machinery.
- Install, relocate, and align new and used equipment.
- Maintain accurate repair and maintenance records.
- Comply with all ISO 14001 standards and training
- Handle hazardous materials (requires training).
- Model the Eaton ethical conduct policy, the Eaton Values and
Philosophy, and comply with all other corporate, plant, and
regulatory policies and regulations as applicable.
- Support plant lean, safety, quality and continuous improvement
- Perform other duties as required / assigned.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds
that make each of us unique, we - as individuals and as a company -
Required (Basic) Qualifications
- Two-year vocational degree or completion of accredited
apprenticeship in machine maintenance.
- Minimum four (4) years' experience maintaining production
equipment or CNC Equipment.
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only
candidates within a 50-mile radius of Jackson, Michigan will be
considered. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are
exempt from the geographical area limitation.
- Must be able to work in the United States without corporate
sponsorship now and within the future.
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware
which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations
(ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of
ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent
Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or
- Experience in PLC troubleshooting, electrical, pneumatics and
- Experience with operating aerial lifts
- Previous experience operating lift truck
- Good computer skills
- Ability to use simple arithmetic.
- Good verbal communication skills.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all
job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon
job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national
origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected
veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Eaton has announced it has reached an agreement to sell its
Hydraulics Business to Danfoss A/S. This transaction is expected to
be completed by the end of Q2 in 2021 and this position is expected
to remain with the Hydraulics Business and would transfer to
Danfoss A/S. upon close. The compensation and benefits that will
initially be offered for this position are based on Eaton's plans,
programs and practices. If you are offered and accept this position
and are actively employed by the Hydraulics Business when the
transaction closes, Danfoss A/S will provide further details to
employees concerning compensation and benefits at that time.
Manufacturing & Operations
North America - US/Puerto Rico
Jackson MI Loc 1
HYD PMC Power Motion Control
Does this position offer relocation?
Requisition ID :093585
Keywords: Eaton, Ann Arbor , Maintenance Technician I, Professions , Jackson, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!