Precision Electronics Assembler - *Sign On Bonus*
Location: Ann Arbor
Posted on: April 10, 2021
Thorlabs is a vertically integrated manufacturer of photonics
components, instruments, and systems. Our vast product portfolio
includes over 20,000 items, ranging from optics and optomechanical
positioning components to imaging systems, many of which are
customer inspired. Thorlabs has extended its core competencies in
an effort to play an ever-increasing role serving the Photonics
Industry at the research end, as well as the industrial, life
science, medical, and defense segments. Headquartered in Newton,
NJ, Thorlabs has grown to over 1800 employees with manufacturing
and sales offices in the United States, United Kingdom, Germany,
France, Sweden, Japan, China, and Brazil.
Thorlabs encourages its employees to grow during their time with
the organization by providing several benefits. Our benefits
include full tuition assistance, internal advancement
opportunities, health insurance (Thorlabs pays up to 75%), eye care
and dental, 401k, and several wellness programs.
**$250.00 SIGN ON BONUS FOR THIS POSITION AFTER YOU REACH YOUR 90
DAY ANNIVERSARY DATE**
This is an hourly production position at the Thorlabs Ultrafast
Optoelectronics (UFO) division in Ann Arbor, MI. The primary
responsibility is to assemble and test opto-electronic instruments
that contain precision optical, mechanical, and electronic
components. This person will be a key member of our LEAN
manufacturing operation and will also be responsible for activities
that support the growth of a new manufacturing environment.
Essential Job Functions include the following, but are not limited
- Be able to read, understand, and follow written assembly and
- Assemble and test optical, electrical, and mechanical
components of varying sizes and complexity.
- Assemble and test precision fiber-optic components and
- Work with the aid of a stereo microscope (requires excellent
- Work with standard solvents, glues, and adhesives found in
- Solder and de-solder small electronic components.
- Cross-train on multiple work cells employing different skill
- Work to the highest of quality standards while meeting
- Provide QA and QC function at all stages of
- Be familiar with inventory principles.
- Comfortable with standard Microsoft programs: Word, Excel, and
- Experience with soldering electronic parts on PCBs plus some
assembly or hobby experience with hand crafting and assembly
- High School Diploma or equivalent
Specialized Knowledge and Skills:
- Be detail oriented, highly organized, & enjoy following &
- Ability to identify electronic components & other small
Thorlabs values its diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal
Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified
individuals will receive consideration for employment without
regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or
expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics,
disability, age or veteran status. Job descriptions are not
intended as and do not create employment contracts. The
organization maintains its status as an at-will employer. Employees
can be terminated for any reason not prohibited by law.
Apply Online Below
Keywords: Thorlabs, Ann Arbor , Precision Electronics Assembler - *Sign On Bonus*, Professions , Ann Arbor, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!