Biomedical Equipment Technician Apprentice
Location: Ann Arbor
Posted on: January 12, 2022
Job Title: Associate BMET IClient: Large Healthcare
ProviderLocation: Ann Arbor, Michigan Start Date: January
24thDuration: Contract, Contract to Hire
We are looking for people who are looking to get into the
Job Description:Technology has impacted biomedical equipment in the
health field. Bio-medical engineering technicians are needed to
perform safety checks, preventive maintenance, calibration and
device inventory and validation. In this role with our client you
will be collecting data on medical devices currently in the network
and entering information into a database. This information will be
used to validate and track where all medical devices are being
used. You will also install, inspect, troubleshoot, repair,
calibrate, and verify the performance of complex biomedical
equipment with minimal supervision..
- Work with team members to collect and survey medical devices
that are currently working within the network.
- Collect data fields on devices like, Serial number, location,
medical department, device type and IP Address.
- Enter information into a data base to have a source of truth
for all medical devices.
- Validate information in database by comparing against
information gathered in the field and making updates to the
- Perform performance assurance (PA) inspections, scheduled
maintenance, electrical safety inspections (ESI), and operation
verification procedures (OVP) on complex and intricate biomedical
- Repair, install, and calibrate complex and intricate biomedical
- Inform supervisors of the status of repairs, scheduled
inspections, unusual equipment situationsRequirements
- Interest working in healthcare setting with IT or devices.
- The ability to work independently and as a member of a
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Associates or Bachelors Degree in a technical/electronics field
or equivalent military training required
- COVID Vaccine - RequiredCompany Overview:Our client is one of
the largest Catholic health care systems in the country. It spans
across 22 states, providing several services, including home care,
hospice, PACE and senior living facilities. They are committed to
those who are poor and under-served in its communities and is known
for its focus on the country's aging population. As a single,
unified ministry, the organization is the innovator of Senior
Emergency Departments, the largest not-for-profit provider of home
health care services in the nation, as well as the nation's leading
provider of PACE (Program of All Inclusive Care for the Elderly)
based on the number of available programs.
Keywords: Medasource, Ann Arbor , Biomedical Equipment Technician Apprentice, Professions , Ann Arbor, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!