Production Supervisor 2nd Shift - 3+ yrs. Metal Stamping Mfg. Experience
Company: Dexter Stamping Company, LLC
Posted on: January 15, 2022
Summary: This position is responsible for managing the shift and
all indirect and direct staff in chain of command. Position must
ensure the smooth running of the production process and that all
products are produced to the specified specifications. Target and
deadlines are met to achieve the orders. To ensure that all direct
and indirect staff comply with the company's health and safety
Essential Job Duties & Responsibilities include the following:
1. - - -Accomplish manufacturing staff results by planning,
monitoring, communicating job expectations and appraising job
2. - - -Counseling, disciplining and coaching employees.
3. - - -Coordinating and initiating and enforcing systems,
procedures and policies.
4. - - -Maintain staff by orienting, selecting and training
5. - - -Developing personal growth opportunities in staff.
6. - - -Maintain work flow by setting process variables, monitoring
steps of the process.
7. - - -Observing equipment and control points.
8. - - -Monitoring resources and personnel developing reporting
systems and procedures.
9. - - -Facilitating corrections to malfunctions within process
10. Implementing cost reductions.
11. Ensure operation of equipment by evaluating new equipment and
calling for repairs of old ones.
12. Provide manufacturing information by sorting, initiating,
compiling and analyzing production performance data and
13. Educate and direct employees on the use of equipment, all
control points and resources.
14. Completes production plan by scheduling and assigning
personnel, accomplishing work results, establishing priorities,
monitoring progress, revising schedules, resolving problems.
15. Reporting results of the processing flow on shift production
16. Maintains quality service by establishing and enforcing
17. Maintains a safe and clean work environment.
18. Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as
19. Consistently adhere to, and support, company policies and
procedures, including environmental and quality standards.
Other duties may be assigned. -To perform this job successfully, an
individual must be able to perform each essential duty
satisfactorily. -Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
Qualifications: The requirements listed below are representative of
skill, and/or ability required.
1. - - -Is legally authorized to work in the United States on a
2. - - -Perform all duties in a professional, productive manner,
with emphasis on our Quality and Safety Policies.
3. - - -Works under the supervision of the Plant Manager.
4. - - -Is skillful in the operation of typically used related
tools, materials, and equipment.
Education and/or Experience: Associate's degree (A. A.) or
equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or six months
to one-year related experience and/or training; or equivalent
combination of education and experience.
Work Environment : The work environment characteristics described
representative of those an employee encounters while performing the
functions of this job.
1. - - - - - - - -Climate: Heat, humidity, cold
2. - - - - - - - -Fumes or airborne particles (dust, smoke)
3. - - - - - - - -Contact with chemicals (cleaners, oils)
4. - - - - - - - -Protective equipment
5. - - - - - - - -Employee works around moving mechanical parts,
tools and machinery
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules,
operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to
speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts,
interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area,
circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic
algebra and geometry.
Ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out
instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability
to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
Must maintain Fork Truck License.
Other Skills and Abilities:
Ability to operate machinery.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are
representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this
1. - - - - - - - -The employee must regularly lift and/or move up
to 15 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 35 pounds, and
occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds.
2. - - - - - - - -The employee frequently is required to: stand,
walk, bend and reach (both above and below the shoulder).
3. - - - - - - - -The employee is occasionally required to: climb,
push, or pull items.
4. - - - - - - - -While performing the duties of the job, the
employee is regularly required to: use both hands, talk, hear and
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. -Hiring decisions
are based on qualifications, merit and business needs. -We
encourage women, veterans and minorities to apply.
Keywords: Dexter Stamping Company, LLC, Ann Arbor , Production Supervisor 2nd Shift - 3+ yrs. Metal Stamping Mfg. Experience, Professions , Jackson, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!