Shipping & Receiving Associate
Company: Howmet Aerospace
Posted on: June 25, 2022
**JOB SUMMARY** Work as a team member to receive out plant from
vendors and mark/pack castings for shipment to customers, dock work
and airflow. **ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS** - Must be able to read and
interpret Product Criteria (PC) and Activity Instructions (AI). -
Must be able to function as a member of a team and be able to work
under general supervision.
- Must be able to work and function in a fast-paced
- Basic knowledge of computers
- Must be able to maintain expected quality levels.
- Be fork truck licensed and able to perform this duty
- Lifting up to 35 lbs.
- Perform paperwork with detail and accuracy
- Using basic math
- Typing and computer usage (computer literate)
- Able to climb ladders and/or stairs **JOB RESPONSIBILITIES**
**RECEIVING** - Unload trucks - Perform Visual Inspection of
- Cycle counts of inventory
- Distribute outplant products to various production
- Maintain Finished goods inventory
- 6S activities
- Employees are expected to work overtime as needed. **SHIPPING** -
Mark parts (dot peen, Vibropeen, Marco Stencil Machine) - Pack
- Verify Heat codes; serial numbers; paperwork are accurate /
- Maintain cardboard inventories
- 6S activities
- EHS QUALIFICATIONS
JOB SPECIFICATIONS Education: - A minimum of a High School Diploma
or GED equivalency is required. Skills and Abilities : - Fork truck
- Operation of hoists
- Reading and Math Basics
- Typing and experiences with computers Experience : - Previous
shipping/receiving experience preferred but not required. Physical
Demands : The physical demands described here are representative of
those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
Employee is required to execute the following: - Occasional
bending, reaching, pushing and pulling when retrieving and moving
- Lifting intermittently of various items. Typically, assistance
would be provided for weights exceeding 35 pounds
- Good manual dexterity to operate computer equipment
- Position may require more than eight hours daily and more than
five days weekly to complete work assignments
- Squatting / crouching when retrieving stored items from lower
shelves and file cabinets, making equipment / product inspections,
- Standing intermittently
- Visual monitoring of computer screens
- Clean work areas and maintain a clean work environment; perform
5S cleaning activities as required. Equipment Used : - Fork Truck /
- Hand Truck Work Environment : The work environment
characteristics described here are representative of those an
employee encounters while performing the essential functions of
this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Duties are performed primarily in manufacturing areas where
compliance with applicable safety rules is required.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee will be
occasionally required to work near moving mechanical parts and
exposed to fumes or airborne particles and to go outside in the
weather at times during the shift to load and unload trucks from
outside vendors . The noise level is moderate. Contacts : Internal:
This position interfaces routinely with all HLC personnel
External: This position interfaces occasionally with truck drivers.
Supervision : This position supervises no other. EHS Requirements -
Expected to assist in the implementation of EHS Values and policy
statements and accompanying principals.
- Comply with all department, facility, corporate and regulatory
- Wear all required personal protective equipment (PPE).
- Report all job related illness and injuries (Per Employee
- Report all safety, health and environmental concerns to your
supervisor in a timely manner.
- Attend all EHS training. Quality Statement The products we
manufacture are used in important industries - transporting goods
and people; the defense of our country; critical energy
infrastructure for hospitals and public safety. Livelihoods and
lives depend upon the products we manufacture. What we do as an
organization is important and the first, and best, "line of
defense" against non-conforming products escaping to our customers
is you. A simple message: don't take it, don't make it, and don't
JOB IMPACT Contribution of Job This position contributes to the
overall performance and profitability of the company through
improving techniques and processes. This position is also
responsible for contributing to department and company metrics,
such as LU and PVA.
Keywords: Howmet Aerospace, Ann Arbor , Shipping & Receiving Associate, Professions , Jackson, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!