Solution Sales Rep
Company: ADT Security Services
Location: Ann Arbor
Posted on: February 18, 2021
Company Overview: At ADT, we've been in the business of helping
save lives for more than 145 years. As the number one smart home
security provider serving residential and business customers, our
people are our most important asset. Headquartered in Boca Raton,
FL and at more than 200 locations across North America, our
employees help empower our customers to live more secure and
confident lives. Join our team and help us protect what matters
most. For more information, visit or follow us on , , and .
Position Summary: This position is responsible for:
- Selling the company's solutions including products, labor and
- Selling primarily to -end-user- customers.
- Up-selling/cross-selling to the existing customer base.
- Maintaining and developing positive customer
- Achieving or exceeding assigned annual/quarterly quotas for
both the installation and service businesses.
- Growing the company's recurring monthly revenue (RMR) business
by providing solutions to existing as well as new clients. Duties &
- Using technical, organizational, and customer knowledge to
influence customers and assist them in buying the products and
services required to meet their needs, resulting in revenue
generation for the company.
- Conducting site surveys in preparation of customer needs
analysis and estimates.
- Preparing statement(s) of work (SOW) and corresponding sales
- Conducting sales presentations to customers and management, as
- Demonstrating a thorough understanding of company
- Acquiring and maintaining sound knowledge of all product lines
and services offered.
- Partnering with internal departments to communicate job scopes
and relay customer needs.
- Attracting new customers and up-selling a client base through a
combination of field sales, phone sales, and direct marketing
- Possessing excellent cold-calling skills and the ability to
identify and find new business.
- Generating sales leads and customer account information.
- Creating proposals for customers; outlining plans for
preventive maintenance (including the scope of repairs and
solutions); reviewing testing reports and working with Service
Technicians to quantify service repair proposals based on
discrepancies discovered during system inspections.
- Assisting in marketing initiatives related to sales activities,
including the development of sales and business plans.
- Reviewing testing reports and working with service technicians
to quantify service repair proposals based on deficiencies
discovered during system inspections. Minimum Qualifications
(Education, Skills & Experience):
- High School Diploma, Bachelor's degree or equivalent, or three
(3) to five (5) years of professional experience in high volume
sales and a fast-paced environment.
- A minimum of five (5) years of industry experience as a
successful sales representative.
- Must have consistently met or exceeded sales performance for
the past three (3) to five (5) years.
- Must demonstrate professional knowledge with an in depth
understanding of all or most of the following systems: fire
alarm/life-safety, intrusion alarm, access control, video
surveillance, nurse-call, plus low voltage systems in general,
installation, testing, inspection and maintenance.
- The ability to organically grow business by providing solutions
to a new and existing client base.
- Ability to build customer relationships through consultative
selling and the promotion of customer confidence in ADT.
- Must have a technical aptitude and an understanding of drawings
- Must be self-motivated and have a strong work ethic.
- Must have strong negotiation skills and prospecting
- Must have excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills
with the ability to present to senior level executives within the
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint,
- Must be able to work a full-time schedule and be available for
travel, which may include nights and weekends, to accommodate
customers' schedules, trainings, meetings, etc.
- Must have a driver's license with an acceptable record and be
able to clear a pre-employment criminal background check and drug
screening. Work Environment:
- The noise level in the work environment is usually
- Normal office/field environment.
- Construction sites and customers' facilities.
- Must be able to work extended hours to support business
requirements. Physical Requirements:
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
occasionally required to stand, walk, sit; twist, use hands to
handle, push, pull or feel, reach with hands and arms; climb or
balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl, and talk or hear.
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to ten (10)
pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to approximately
twenty-five (25) pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close
vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth
perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals
with disabilities to perform the essential functions. ADT
Commercial LLC is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer.
We are committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce and do
our best to foster a culture and environment where every employee
feels valued. Our goal is to serve our customers and help save
lives. We can achieve this goal when we have the best talent
working in an environment where employees feel included and
recognized. Visit us online at jobs.adt.com to learn more.
Keywords: ADT Security Services, Ann Arbor , Solution Sales Rep, Sales , Ann Arbor, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!