Clinic Service Representative Family Medicine - Full Time 40 Hours/Week Day Shift - Fraser
Company: Henry Ford Hospital
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Under general supervision follows standard operating procedures
for all patient registration activities including patient
reception, face-to-face check in and check out, preregistration,
insurance verification, cash collections, chart reconciliation and
patient discharge. Actively contributes to an organizational
culture committed to the highest degree of service excellence
standards to all customer groups.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Provides World Class Service Excellence to patients:
- Warm patient greeting and closing. (AIDET)
- Performs Clinic Rounding per protocol.
- Service Recovery (HEART)
- Adheres to Chief First Impressions Officer (CFIO)
- Maintains Front Desk and Lobby Appearances according to
- Adheres to the CSR Dress Code at all times.
Performs all aspects of appointment scheduling including:
- Makes appointments for patients accurately and efficiently,
according to clinic protocols.
- Assists patients with any scheduling concerns.
- Returns patient calls if unable to make appointment at the time
of the patient interaction.
- Reschedules appointments as necessary.
- Follows policy for "no shows" and late patients, per clinic
Provides accurate detailed information to patients
- Arrival times and other necessary information.
- Creates and/or attaches necessary referral per protocol.
Scans necessary documentation into the E-HR, including but not
- Photo IDs
- Insurance cards
- HIPAA forms
- Treatment/procedure consent forms
- Financial consent forms
- Advance Beneficiary Notice (ABN) forms
- Advanced directives
- Guardianship papers
- Communicates effectively with providers regarding patient
scheduling issues as needed.
Provides accurate data collection and registration for all
patient visits which includes but is not limited to:
- Properly verifies and updates patient demographics.
- Properly verifies and updates patient emergency contact.
- Properly verifies and creates hospital account record
- Properly verifies and updates patient insurance coverage.
- Distributes appropriate information to new patients.
- Maintains knowledge of current computer updates and insurance
Performs all aspects of Collecting Cash including:
- Responsible for handling cash, per clinic protocol.
- Collects copayments and/or prior balances and prepayments.
- Properly closes out Epic cash drawer daily.
- Balances end of day batches associated with credit card
- Assists patients with billing problems or inquiries.
- Follows standard operating procedures for Patient Payment
Performs miscellaneous duties as assigned, including, but not
- Extra duty assignments.
- Maintains business office equipment.
- Calls for repairs as assigned.
- Orders office supplies as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- High School Diploma or G.E.D. equivalent.
- Required to perform calculations, complete forms, extensively
utilize computer information system.
- Familiarity with clinic environment preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to work with detailed information.
- Requires interpersonal skills to deal effectively both over the
telephone and in person with patients, visitors, medical staff, and
other clinic and/or hospital personnel.
- Ability to perform a variety of tasks in a timely manner to
meet clinic staff and patient needs.
- Ability to discuss with patients their general financial
responsibilities and connect the patient with the Customer Service
Center at the Corporate Business Office.
- Ability to work successfully in a fast-paced environment with
- Ability to work within a team setting and be supportive of team
- Successful completion of yearly competencies.
- Basic computer skills (i.e., knowledgeable opening
software/email, navigate on keyboard, logging in and out of
- Ability to work effectively with populations of diverse
backgrounds and ages.
- Dependable and punctual.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task.
Keywords: Henry Ford Hospital, Ann Arbor , Clinic Service Representative Family Medicine - Full Time 40 Hours/Week Day Shift - Fraser, Other , Clinton, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!